google-site-verification: google6604cc5631da8a25.html

Picture
Walk away from worries

"The rhythm and repetition of walking has a tranquilizing effect on your brain, and it decreases anxiety and improves sleep," says nutrition-and-wellness expert Ann Kulze, MD. Aim for a brisk, half-hour walk every day.

Do less, enjoy more

"We go overboard to please others during the holidays: shopping, cooking, sending cards, and attending every event," says George Pratt, PhD, a psychologist at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla in California. "Instead, take care of yourself by saying no at least once—and maybe more."

Stick with your daily routine

Prioritize your workouts, book club, etc., and don't try to squeeze in more holiday than you can handle, says Katherine Muller, PsyD, an assistant professor of psychology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City

Go tech-free

Constant cell phone buzzes and email alerts keep us in a perpetual fight-or-flight mode due to bursts of adrenaline. Not only is this exhausting, but it contributes to mounting stress levels, especially in women. What better time to turn your gadgets off than during a holiday get-together? Enjoy spending time with your family and friends without worry

Turn up the tunes

Anxious? Listen to your favorite music, whether it's Jingle Bell Rock or the latest from Jay-Z. Research from the University of Maryland shows that hearing music you love can relax blood vessels and increase blood flow. That not only calms you down but is good for your heart, too.

Fit in exercise

It may be the last thing you feel like doing when you're stressed out, but going for a run or hitting the gym can actually make you feel better. Research has found that workouts can boost your mood for up to 12 hours.

Stay Positive

Positive thoughts and thinking transfer to positive actions.   Look of the best and make  active appreciation part of your daily routine.

You may want to consider starting a martial arts class this time of year.

I know you may be thinking "What - something new this time of year?"     A true martial arts class is all about mind, body and spirit, according to Greg Silva, president of Black Belt Schools International.    "You get healthy exercise and flexibility training, a positive atmosphere and stress release."   Getting started now will be beneficial for your health, stress level as well as jump start  your healthy goals for 2017.

We are having beginner Krav Maga training at 7 pm Monday - Thursday.  These  sessions are designed to clear the mind of any negative anxiety and create a positive mindset. Each session will include typical resistance exercises, boxing and a combination of martial arts in order to allow you to get rid of any personal or work frustrations.

Comments

12/19/2016 8:16am

Comment deleted

12/27/2016 11:46pm

Comment deleted

I'll take note of your tips. Thank you so much. There are times when we blame ourselves when something is not working out as we planned to, and that literally makes us so stressed. But we need to practice that whenever we feel so stressed, learn to calm down and say, "Relax, it's okay, chill!" Life can be so much beautiful if we don't allow stress get into our nerves!

06/22/2017 12:20am

One way I can suggest to shake off holiday stress is by decorating the Christmas tree. Decorating the Christmas tree has always been a family tradition of ours. It's definitely my second favorite when it comes to Christmas season! My first favorite? Opening gifts, of course! I don't think Christmas celebration is complete without having a Christmas tree because where else would you put your gifts? It also symbolizes how a family values Christmas. Putting up the Christmas is such a good thing to do to bond the family because everybody wants to help beautify the Christmas tree!

Sports and workout is one of those ways to release your stress. Because it relaxes our brain cells and also make us mentally and physically healthy.

05/25/2017 9:53pm

These tips are also applicable even if it's not holiday season. Stress really is something we should all walk away from. I like how you put this literally. I am going to plan a real walk real soon. I am not sure if walking inside shopping malls count, but we can never deny the benefit. I am only worried about getting stressed for not being able to buy the things I want.

12/22/2016 3:27am

It is not the holiday that releases your stress, it is actually the activities of the holidays like meeting with your close friends and having some fun that releases your stress.

12/24/2016 6:17am

Music always makes me feel alive after all the falls it would be always rise!

02/12/2017 9:39pm

I will surely try all of this because of the explanation you said and it actually catches my attention. Walking away from worries is really a right idea, especially when all of the problems are coming simultaneously and it is at the peak where you already don't know what to do and what you should prioritize first. I will also try to take care of myself and say no because this past few days I am always busy with my friends and I can't say no but maybe saying no often will really help me a lot. Spending more quality time at my family decrease stress because they are one of the best people I constantly want to be with. I am working out and listening to music and it is truly awesome because it is really one of the stress reliever that's why I will recommend.

06/13/2017 10:59pm

Having tremendous amounts of worries in your head can do really bad to your health. If you let these clog up your mind, you will have a blurred vision of the case at hand. If you don't have the full control of your thinking, you are prone to mistakes. For people to achieve the fullest success, taking a break from time to time is essential. People make it or break it depending on how much break they have made.

Comments are closed.