google-site-verification: google6604cc5631da8a25.html

Confidence is something almost every parent wants for their child.   Confident kids tend to be more outgoing and their personalities attract more friends.  Confident kids tend to be more charismatic, extroverted, and socially skilled- which are highly desirable features. Secondly, we tend to equate confidence with competence. So we automatically assume that confident people are also more able-skilled or talented.

On the other hand some kids internally are confident but don't show their confidence. Rather they hide it from others,   These kids are often thought of as arrogant and even obnoxious, rather than charming are extroverted.    So we really desire confidence with competence.

Let me paint some visuals.   I have a large Great Dane that is almost solid black, she stands 4 feet tall and has a bark that would intimidate almost anyone.   When I walk her in the neighborhood some people walk on the other side of the street.   Then there are people who just want to say hi and pet her.   When they approach me they ask, "is her friendly ?".   All of a sudden "Thumper" gets real shy, bows her heads and backs away.    Wow - talk about looking confident but really nothing to back it up.

You have see the same thing on American Idol.   A singer that looks as though he is going to really rock out a song and all of a sudden starts to sings and you think - What?

When we worry about our kids in school and bullying many of us immediately think "if only he or she were more confident, I would feel a whole lot better."

Martial Arts is great for confidence because it comes with competence.    How? Competence comes from correct fast decision making, good choices, fitness, health and the ability to defend oneself,

This month is Confidence Month at our school.  Please attend our Confidence with Competence workshop and see how martial arts can help you and your child.

Confidence is Contagious - Pass it on and bring a friend or two.
-Greg Silva

Comments

08/08/2016 10:41am

I want to let go of my doubt to build confidence. Doubt is the single greatest enemy of confidence. It limits your potential. It causes procrastination. It will cause you to miss God's best. I should never compare myself to anybody because I am unique. God made me to be me; he doesn't want me to be somebody else. Most people start off in life as originals and end up as carbon copies — and poor carbon copies at that. According to Rick Warren, that the secret to living with confidence is to be confident in God’s unlimited compassion and power and to let go of confidence in ourselves.

06/20/2017 7:04pm

All of these are true! Confidence should not just be being proud of yourself or having the guts to do things that other people cannot. Confidence is much more than that. It is making sure that you are actually confident about something in your life. You are confident in something that you have achieved in your life like academic awards. You cannot have confidence alone only because you are only boasting for something that you are not. Confidence comes hand in hand with competency.

Confidence is an evidence of being a competitive person. Competitive means brave. It means dynamic. It means fierce. You would not be able to at least win over something that you have fought for if you do not trust yourself that you can do something. Everything is just a matter of trust. If a person is happy to be with those people he trust, how much more to be happy if he trusts himself? If you believe in yourself, you will always strive to be the best. You would not mind of what may happen after, but at least in yourself, you have tried. Because you believe in your capabilities, in your strength and in your ability.

09/25/2016 11:27pm

I've been having a hard time with my kid these days because he always said that his classmates doesn't like him. I ask him why did he said that but he wouldn't tell me anything. When I talk to his teacher she said that my son doesn't want to cooperate during class discussions and it seems that he doesn't have any friends. Reading your post made me realize that maybe he's just shy. He's also like that at home. Thank you and good luck on your business.

11/12/2016 4:41am

The extracurricular activities by the children make them active and smart. The karate or any other game may bring influence in children mind. This increases their confidence level for moving ahead.

06/20/2017 7:01pm

free

It's good to know that there's a certain school that encourage the students to gain confidence, but with competence! People should know the different between being confident to being boastful. Being a youngster is the best age for the children to learn proper values. As their teachers, part of our job is to secure that our students are growing old with good conduct while maintaining a good amount of believe in themselves. Thank you for posting this!

06/29/2017 8:24am

As we all know vpn usage is increasing day by day. Here are the best android vpn apps and free vpn apps. Before you select any of. Country ip address conclusion in this guide we have shown you how to get a perticular country ip address, the best free vpn service for android.Psiphon for Android is perhaps the lightest and easiest to use use VPN tunnel.

Comments are closed.